Marian converts a number of specialty films and plastic sheeting materials that offer a variety of valuable physical properties. Most plastic film materials are highly durable and flexible. Film materials can offer electrical insulation, resistance to flame, extreme heat, abrasion, chemicals, UV etc. Other film products are used in displays and lighting to diffuse, reflect, and enhance, and block light.
With our advanced manufacturing techniques, Marian produces custom components where films and plastics can be layered with other materials. Film and plastic materials are often laminated with pressure sensitive adhesive on one or both sides.
Contact us today for material samples, a quote, or a rapid prototype.
Commonly converted plastics and films
- Polyimide Films (Kapton®) offer high performance, reliability, and durability, with a unique combination of electrical, thermal, chemical, and mechanical properties that withstand extreme temperature, vibration, and other demanding environments.
- ITW Formex™ Polypropylene Electrical Insulation Material is exceptionally durable. It offers superior dielectric strength, an elevated temperature rating, and exceptional moisture and chemical resistance to protect sensitive electronic elements from dielectric or environmental damage.
- Thermoplastic Polycarbonate Films (LEXAN™) exhibit optical clarity, high-temperature resistance, and dimensional stability. Ideally used for automotive products, lighting applications, anti-fog lens products, LED/LCD displays, battery packs, ID cards, and much more.
- Polyetherimide films (ULTEM™) offer a combination of high-temperature resistance, flame resistance, low moisture absorption, and excellent dielectric properties making the film a good candidate for a broad range of electrical and electronic applications.
- VALOX™ flame-retardant polybutylene terephthalate film offers good temperature resistance and excellent dielectric strength, making it very suitable for a variety of wide range of applications in the electronics industry.
- Mylar® is a versatile polyester (PET) film does not become brittle with age under normal conditions because there are no plasticizers, dimensionally stable, chemical resistant, color consistent, good clarity, non-yellowing, non-tearing, temperature range of -100 to 300F, electrically insulating, balanced tensile properties, and excellent moisture resistance.
- Melinex® PET films have very high levels of dimensional stability both at low and at very high temperatures (-70°C to +150°C). They resist moisture and heat, are chemically inert, do not contain acids, do not yellow, and do not become brittle.
Films for Light and Display
- 3M™ Dual Brightness Enhancement Film (3M DBEF) is a family of reflective polarizers used to recycle light and bring a brighter view to the viewer, even at wide angles.
- 3M BEF is a prismatic film that manages the angular output of light from the back-light. BEF uses refraction to compress the backlight’s output towards an on-axis viewer.
- Luminit Light Shaping Diffusing Films homogenize and directionally shape light with high transmission efficiency and excellent hiding power. Available in seamless rolls on polycarbonate, polyester, or acrylic substrates, including UV-stable or UL-approved substrates, we offer diffusers with elliptic and circular outputs in a variety of substrates, sizes, and angles from small to extreme